As one of your constituents, I would like to advise you that I have signed an Open Letter to Parliament, see below. This Open Letter, which is from the pro-Brexit organisation The List, is being signed by the people of this Country, the electorate, and I for one support this.
As one of your constituents, I ask that you take note of all the contents of this Open Letter as it clearly states my wishes and feelings regarding Parliament’s handling of Brexit.
You can view the signatures coming in here
Open Letter to Parliament from The Undersigned People of the United Kingdom
WE, the undersigned Sovereign People of the United Kingdom, do declare that it is our democratic, constitutional and legal right to secure our electoral voting decision in the 2016 EU Referendum. We do declare that the decision to Leave the European Union was taken by the majority of the electorate and is therefore legally and constitutionally binding on Parliament.
- We will no longer accept the arrogance and petulant behaviour of MPs plotting to negate the decision made by the People. This shows to us their loss of national pride, civil duty, integrity, respect and understanding of democracy. Combining two separate issues – the result of the 2016 Referendum to Leave the EU and a Trade Deal. These are two separate issues and neither should impact on the other. A trade deal is just that a trade deal. Any trade deal negotiated must be on the basis that we have left the EU entirely as voted for in 2016.
- Coupled with the recent actions of the Speaker of the House, John Bercow. This is not the first time the electorate has observed the Speaker of the House bringing the position into disrepute. (Open Petition Bercow). Mr. Bercow has let it be known that he is an ardent supporter of remaining in the EU, and overruling motions in the Commons together with secret meetings with an MP, just goes to prove that Mr. Bercow is on a personal mission to thwart the result of the electorate.
- We declare that we have no confidence in Parliament and therefore in order to avoid further attempts by MPs to thwart the democratic process, we demand that the United Kingdom leaves the European Union with immediate effect, or at the very latest by 29th March, 2019, and not be tied to any Trade Deal or such like instrument.
- By not agreeing to a no-deal, those elected MPs are stipulating that they will not support 17.4 million people who voted to leave the European Union; the highest turnout and the highest number ever to have voted in the history of the United Kingdom.
- Parliament backed holding the EU Referendum by a margin of six to one; indicating its support that they will enact on the process of exiting to the timetable. However, some MPs are trying to thwart the democratic process of the result by failing to implement the decision that was made by the electorate by cloaking it up and making decisions off their own back such as demanding a second referendum or ‘people’s vote’, or by combining leaving the EU with a deal. Even the Governments’ own proposed ‘withdrawal deal’ is not leaving the European Union at all.
- According to Article 50, the principle stands that if no agreement is forthcoming, the ‘member state’ leaves! We therefore demand that we leave the European Union, completely, on 29th March, 2019 under WTO rules.
- The time has come to heal our nation and return it to a proud, self-governing nation. We therefore believe that the best route forward for our Country would be to leave the European Union and trade under WTO rules. This would provide us with a clean canvas to paint the future picture of our Country on the world stage.
We therefore call upon Parliament to cease manipulating and trying to thwart the democratic process and renege on the result of the 2016 EU Referendum. As stated by them…..
- “We believe in letting the people decide: so we will hold an in-out referendum on our membership of the EU before the end of 2017.” (Conservative Manifesto 2015)
- “the decision about our membership should be taken by the British people, not by Whitehall bureaucrats, certainly not by Brussels Eurocrats; not even by Government Ministers or parliamentarians in this Chamber.” (Foreign Secretary in the House of Commons on the Referendum debate).
- “A once in a generation decision” stated on the Governments’ £9 million taxpayer’s funded leaflet. “The referendum on Thursday 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in the European Union.” “This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide.” (Government 2016 leaflet)
The People HAVE decided. We decided to LEAVE the European Union in its entirety and not have a Trade Deal combined nor attached to our decision in order to allow MPs to change the course.
- Most Leavers conducted their own research and listened to debates ad nauseam, bombarded with messages of ‘putting the economy at risk’, ‘losing jobs’. ‘deep recession’, ‘a cliff edge scenario’, ‘crashing out’, ‘cost to families’, ‘think of your children and grandchildren’ etc., YET THEY STILL VOTED LEAVE
- May we remind all MPs – they are in a privileged position, voted in, at time of election by the Electorate. They are not ‘the elite’, nor are the British Media who work closely with them; all rewarded by the EU, in their efforts, by power, influence and no doubt money. Their primary allegiance is to Queen and Country and NOT the EU.
We also declare that to transfer the sovereignty and powers of the United Kingdom Electorate to a foreign country or entity, without the declared assent of the United Kingdom Electorate is a breach of the Constitutional law and illegal. The United Kingdom Sovereignty & Powers were transferred to a foreign country/entity (the EU), without the declared assent of the United Kingdom Electorate and is a breach of the Constitutional law and illegal.